What is Nar-Anon?
Nar-Anon is a Twelve-Step mutual support program designed to help families and friends of addicts recover from the effects of living with an addicted relative or friend. Nar-Anon's program of recovery is adapted from Narcotics Anonymous and uses Nar-Anon's Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions. The only requirement for membership is that there is a problem of addiction in a relative or friend. Nar-Anon is not affiliated with any other organization or outside entity.
- A worldwide fellowship of families and friends of addicts who believe their lives have been affected by someone else's addiction.
- A mutual support recovery program based on the Twelve Steps of Nar-Anon.
- A non-professional fellowship whose members share their experience, strength, and hope to solve their common problems.
- A recovery program with the anonymity of all Nar-Anon and NA members protected.
- A spiritual program that is compatible with all religious beliefs or none.
- A program with the single purpose of helping families and friends of addicts, whether the addict is still using or not.
- Compatible with professional treatment.
- Free of Charge and self-supported through member‘s voluntary contributions. There are no dues or fees for membership.
Nar-Anon Is Not:
- Allied with any sect, denomination, political entity, organization, or institution.
- Involved in any outside issues, neither endorsing nor opposing any cause.
- Affiliated with NA, although Nar-Anon cooperates with NA.
- A religious organization, treatment center, counseling agency, or teaching program.
- Conducted by professionals.
- A replacement for professional treatment.
How Do I Join Nar-Anon?
Joining is easy; just attend a meeting. There are no dues or fees. The only requirement for membership is that there is a problem of addiction in a relative or friend. Nar-Anon is not affiliated with any other organization or outside entity. Learn where meetings are in the Central California Region.
What Does It Cost?
Nar-Anon has no dues or fees. Each group is self-supporting and collects donations that are used for local expenses such as room rent and supplies. Group and member donations support the Nar-Anon World Service Office.
Is Literature Available?
Nar-Anon publications are based upon the shared experience of our membership and their application of Nar-Anon's principles to their lives.